To assess the results of the stimulating sounds we used the following techniques. A test subject was offered to have a test. At the beginning it was carried out with the words written on paper, then with the help of the program "Memory+. The task was to remember 3 series of different words in turn.
The first of the word series was looked at and remembered in 30 seconds, then the test subject wrote down all the words he could remember. After that there was a check-up when the percentage of the memorized words was calculated.
The same was done with the second and third series of the words and the average percentage of the words memorized right from all three series was calculated. It was the initial memory state rate.
After that the test subject had the ten-session listening stimulation course (1 session in a day). The research done according to the techniques stated above was carried out again after the listening stimulation.
So we could assess the results we’d got objectively comparing the percentage of the words memorized before and after the listening stimulation.
- individual reaction to the sound stimulation;
- sound volume;
- combination of the memory activation sounds with the background noise;
- background: silence, watching TV, reading, going by transport etc.;
- the conditions during the initial and final testing.
- 25% of the people tested couldn’t stand the sound stimulation revealing the high level of irritability. The research was ceased after 1-2 sessions;
- the sound volume didn’t influence the result by regular tolerance;
- the sound stimulation combined with the background noise reduced the positive result up to 1-3%. While the moderate sound volume combined with the background noise allowed the sound stimulation for those who couldn’t stand monotherapy;
- the results didn’t depend on such conditions as silence or doing some activity like watching TV etc. The main condition was that a probationer should hear the sounds;
- Percentagewise the memory improvement after 1 course (10 sessions) is from 7% up to 10% (at the age of 45-55) and up to 20% (at the age of 17-21).
- Testing the initial memory characteristics and the results after the stimulation should be carried out in the following conditions:
- isolated from external irritant;
- healthy state of mind;
- the same time of the day.
- The listening sessions improve both short- and long-term memory;
- You can have stable results after several listening sessions with 1-2 month break;
- The percentage of memorized words doesn’t increase endlessly but settles after several listening sessions;
- After the first course consisting of 10 listening sessions with 1-2 month break the initial memory characteristics got a bit worse in comparison with the characteristics received after the last listening session. For example, after the regular course the average memory characteristics were 34 % and before next 10 courses done in 2 months they were 27%;
- We’ve got 2 zero-dynamic cases and 1 negative-dynamics case. While studying the results (the percentage of the memorized words) we found the following fact in each case: the percentage of the memorized words in one of three test series was highly decreased. It can be the result of the concentration and attention lack by a person while doing the test due to the mental and psychological workload. One of the test subjects was preparing for the State Exam studying with the several tutors at the same time. Another one, a print shop worker, was doing double work instead of her fired colleagues and could have neither days-off nor a leave. The third person tested was stressed out after having the heart surgery.
A man of 56. The impact of different kinds of stimulation has been researched for 1 year. The given results were taken into account considering the starting point of each stimulation kind. The breaks between the different kinds of stimulation were not less than 1 month.
The Research Results
|Kinds/variants of Stimulation||The percentage of the memory improvement after 10 listening sessions|
|Variant №1: the high sound volume, listening through the earphones|
|Variant №2: the high sound volume, listening through the loudspeaker|
|Variant №3: listening to the stimulation sounds with some music as the background|
|Variant №4: listening sessions carried out together with using such medicines as "Aktovegin" and "Nootropil"|
Consequently the percentage of the memorized words was more than 25% (with 23% at the beginning and 50% at the last test).Back to the main page